Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Re-encounter

Esto es algo que escribí el 22 de Octubre del 2003.

1 phone call, 2 messages, 1 face-to-face in a week
I was just walking through
When I suddenly felt adrenaline rush
It was you, once again, after such a long time

You just passed by, I said hi, barely responded
But I know that I was just too young
And you felt scared because I knew your cousin
I knew that someday we'd re-encounter

It's a cycle, we all change but come back
To check out what we were and remember
We were not born awake
We come back and re-encounter with our past feelings (phantoms)

Who are you? I asked myself the moment I checked
My cell phone for some new messages
You said: "I just meant to write to an old friend
but erroneously dialed your number"

I just suddenly felt no more butterflies
Nor the sorrow for your indifference
"Don't worry, I'll be here, sir." That's bullshit
We are all by ourselves in this world

Once again I am here sitting on a bench in the mall
When the phone suddenly rang
"Not again, comprehend, I don't want you near me.
That was just a one-night affair"

No comments: